Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Thai spices! The usual lemon grass, chilies, ginger, cilantro, and more yummy and unnameable treats. I've had a hard time finding vegetarian food because everything here in the south has fish or chicken (I've been by the sea). I've only spotted a couple of tofus along the way...so it has been the usual rice, cheese, eggs. But there is excellent Indian food here because many Indians settled here. And, I spotted my first veggie burger yesterday - heaven! Notably I've not gotten any digestive symptoms from the food. It is not safe to drink tap water, though. Overall, I give this place an A for food. It is very romantic to eat Thai food in Thailand - unbelievable!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pic!

    Surprised that vegetarian isn't common fare in the south. I would have thought there would be a lot of Thai vegetarians...but maybe I am thinking of hindu country.

    ReplyDelete