Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

Today I learned that when you rent a car you should get the address of where to return it (how many times do I have to learn that lesson :-)! I drove around Kiel looking for the train station and my new best friend, the GPS lady, was no help at all. In fact, she became a nag...repeatedly telling me to "please make a U-Turn" when I spontaneiously changed direction to see a fabuous church the day before. Oh well. Anyhow, I was about 15 minutes off track when I stopped into a grocery story and asked a group of people for help. One nice guy came to my car and entered the train station address for me! Then when I got there with minutes to spare I left the rental car in a handicapped spot and bounded upstairs to tell the car rental people and he said, "No problem - just hand me the key and go catch your train."

People are so helpful and nice - and do it in English. I'm grateful.

I had a lovely day driving to Schleswig to see the fjord and fabulous church, then a lovely drive along the Baltic coast and then hung out in the sun at Eckernforde Beach. Then on the train for 1 hour to Hamburg, and on a plane to Slovenia!

1 comment:

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.
    トヨタ車買取

    ReplyDelete